Freedom of Information Requests - Released
We aim to publish responses to all requests made to our Trust within our disclosure log as we believe that this is in the public interest. However, please be aware that we may choose not to publish certain responses, particularly where sensitive and/or personal information is included.
How do I make a request?
- A request must be made in writing (e-mail is acceptable) and it must state the name of the applicant and an address for correspondence. The request must also describe the information requested. Requests can be submitted to InformationGovernanceTeam@solent.nhs.uk
How long will it take to get a response?
- The FOIA requires public authorities to comply with requests for information within 20 working days following receipt of the request.
- Where a public authority is considering the application of an exemption that is subject to a public interest test, the FOIA requires the authority to reach its decision "within such time as is reasonable in the circumstances."
What information is available?
- Information that is recorded, i.e. written down or stored electronically. You also have a right to access information that may be held by a third party on behalf of the public authority.
Will I be told if an FOI is refused?
- If we decide not to disclose the information that has been requested, you are entitled to know why. We must give notice that the information is available but is not being disclosed and must specify the relevant exemption(s) being relied upon. The Trust will also explain why exemptions apply in that particular case.
What do I do if I am not happy with the response I receive?
- If you are dissatisfied with our response, you are entitled to an internal review where we have made a decision under Part 1 of the Act.
- Should you remain dissatisfied with the outcome following an internal review, you have the right to apply to the Information Commissioner's Office who will investigate the complaint and determine whether the FOI request has been managed in accordance with legislation.
- Solent NHS Trust's contract information
- ICT (contract, summary, start/ review dates and costs)
- FOI Summary of International Recruitment
If you are unable to find the information you require, please contact us on:
Information Governance Team
Solent NHS Trust Headquarters