School Aged Immunisation Service
The School Age Immunisation Service (SAIS) offers vaccination programmes in Portsmouth, Southampton and Isle of Wight to all children aged 4 to 16 years old (School Reception to Year 11), this includes all children who attend a Special School.
The vaccines that the service offers are:
- Flu (Influenza)
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria and Polio (TdIPV)
- Meningitis ACWY (MenACWY)
- MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella)
We deliver immunisation sessions in schools and in community locations. Our community clinics are for children/young people who are educated outside of mainstream settings, children/young people who prefer to be immunised outside of school and for children/young people who have missed their school session or need a catch up vaccination. Our community sessions are often held in the evenings, at weekends and during school holiday times.
If you would like to contact the service you can email us using the address below for your area:
- Southampton - snhs.SchoolAgedImmunisations-SOTON@nhs.net
- Portsmouth - snhs.SchoolAgedImmunisations-PORTS@nhs.net
- Isle of Wight - snhs.SchoolAgedImmunisations-IOW@nhs.net
Or you can call us on:
0300 123 5074
My child is anxious about vaccinations, how can I help them?
There is lots of useful information on the NHS website here around anxiety and useful ways you can help your child.
If your child is very anxious, they can be invited down to sessions earlier and be offered their vaccine in a quiet environment.
Strep A / Scarlet Fever Advice
If you are concerned about Step A / Scarlet Fever please see the link below for further advice or call NHS 111
Due to Covid-19, the national guidance for promoting our safety could mean the School Aged Immunisation programme is subject to change. The service will advise parents and children/young people of any requirements for school sessions and community clinics. The safety of our families, children and young people, and our staff remains a top priority.
Vaccinations are important and are available for your child from 8 weeks old. Your GP surgery will offer the full pre-school vaccination programme including:
2 to 10 years
Flu vaccine (every year)
3 years and 4 months
Please contact your GP surgery or Health Visitor to discuss further.
Follow link for more information.
Our service delivers the school age routine national immunisation programme to children which includes these vaccinations.
4 to 16 years
Flu vaccine (every year)
12 to 13 years
Across Portsmouth, Southampton and Isle of Wight there is a proportion of children who are home educated. The service wants to continue creating strong links with you as parents/carers to ensure you have access to the information regarding vaccinations for your child.
The School Age Immunisation service will attempt to make direct contact with parents/carers of home educated children to invite them for vaccination at one of our community clinic sessions. We also have some home educated parent links who can share our information with other home educated parents. We also work with education colleagues to send information out on our behalf so that we can reach as many parents as possible.
If you are not receiving any vaccination information from us, please contact us via email.
Isle of Wight: SNHS.SchoolAgedImmunisations-IOW@nhs.net
We offer a variety of community-based clinics within Portsmouth, Southampton, and on the Isle of Wight for you to attend with your child. You will be sent an email with specific home-educated code for you to complete the E Consent form.
Please see below for further information on clinics and online E Consent.
The school age immunisation service uses an online form, or E Consent form, to provide an easy, accessible method to be able to give consent or opt out of the vaccination being offered. It provides the same information required by the previous paper consent to ensure that the vaccine is delivered safely and effectively. This service is provided by a company call inhealthcare.
Parents/carers will be emailed a letter containing the link needed to complete the online form, along with the Local Authority number assigned to your school (or Home Educated code). A link for vaccine information is also contained in this letter.
On completion of the online form you will receive an email confirmation from inhealthcare. Please contact us if you do not receive this within 24hrs (check your junk mail).
You will also receive confirmation of vaccination after the session.
The online E-Consent can be completed on all electronic devices including smartphones, Tablets and PCs.
If you have difficulty using the E Consent form, contact your local service who will be able to support you.
- Southampton : Snhs.SchoolAgedImmunisations-SOTON@nhs.net
- Portsmouth : Snhs.SchoolAgedImmunisations-PORTS@nhs.net
- Isle of Wight : Snhs.SchoolAgedImmunisations-IOW@nhs.net
Telephone: 0300 123 5074
Completing inhealthcare Form
- Once you click START you will then be prompted for the Unique School LEA Code. Once you enter this, the school name will show, please ensure this shows your child’s correct school (if it is incorrect, please check it has been entered correctly and contact school if any issues)
- Enter your child’s details
- Enter your personal details
- Select option to consent to each vaccination.
- Supply your email address (you will be sent a verification code to confirm your email address, so please ensure you have access to your emails. Please check your junk folder once submitted in case they are filtered to junk/spam). You are then required to enter your verification code from your email to continue with the consent process.
- Enter any additional contacts
- Complete health screening questions
- Review form
- Click submit
- Screen shows ‘thank you for completing’
- If you have more than one child to complete consent for, there is an option on this screen to start another child’s consent.
Please also complete the online E Consent form even if you do not want your child to receive the vaccine. PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT ONE FORM PER CHILD. If you are unsure if you have completed, please check your emails for the ‘thank you’ and ‘booked in session’ emails from Inhealthcare.
For further information regarding the consent process please click link below.