School Aged Immunisation Service
The School Age Immunisation service offers vaccination programmes in Portsmouth, Southampton and Isle of Wight to all children aged 4 (in reception year) to 16 and up to 18 year olds in special educational needs schools.
The School Aged Immunisation Service works with all schools including:
- Private schools
- Special Educational Needs (SEN) schools
- Faith schools
- Pupil referral units
The service also offers community clinics for children and young people who are educated at home or in other settings and who are not currently in education or who have missed their school session. The service also offers community clinics for children and young people. These are located across the cities and the Isle of Wight in accessible settings. They are open some evenings and weekends for your convenience.
If you would like to discuss this further, please contact your area team via email:
- Southampton: Snhs.SchoolAgedImmunisations-SOTON@nhs.net
- Portsmouth: Snhs.SchoolAgedImmunisations-PORTS@nhs.net
- Isle of Wight: Snhs.SchoolAgedImmunisations-IOW@nhs.net
My child is anxious about vaccinations, how can I help them?
There is lots of useful information on the NHS website here around anxiety and useful ways you can help your child.
If your child is very anxious, they can be invited down to sessions earlier and be offered their vaccine in a quiet environment.
Due to Covid-19, the national guidance for promoting our safety could mean the School Aged Immunisation programme is subject to change. The service will advise parents and children/young people of any requirements for school sessions and community clinics. The safety of our families, children and young people, and our staff remains a top priority.
Vaccinations are important and are available for your child from 8 weeks old. Your GP surgery will offer the full pre-school vaccination programme including:
2 to 10 years
Flu vaccine (every year)
3 years and 4 months
Please contact your GP surgery or Health Visitor to discuss further.
Follow link for more information.
Across Portsmouth, Southampton and Isle of Wight there is a proportion of children who are home educated. The service wants to continue creating strong links with you as parents to ensure you have access to the information regarding vaccinations for your child.
The School Age Immunisation service will make contact with some home educated parent links who can share our information with other home educated parents. We also work with the education colleagues to send information out on our behalf so that we can reach as many parents as possible.
If you are not receiving any vaccination information from us, please contact us via email.
Isle of Wight: SNHS.SchoolAgedImmunisations-IOW@nhs.net
As you read through the vaccine information below, we have identified the age your child is eligible for their vaccinations. However, if you would like further information, please contact the service.
We offer a variety of community-based clinics within Portsmouth, Southampton, and on the Isle of Wight for you to attend with your child. You will be sent an email with an attachment - letter which will contain a specific home-educated code for you to complete the new E Consent form.
Please see below for further information on clinics and online E Consent.
The School age Immunisation service no longer provides paper consent forms. The consent will be obtained from parents via an online E-consent form. The Inhealthcare platform provides the new online E-Consent programme.
The consent process has been streamlined to provide an easy, accessible method of giving consent for the school aged vaccinations. It provides the same information required by the paper consent to ensure that the vaccine is delivered safely and effectively.
Parents/carers will be emailed a letter containing the link needed to complete the online E consent form, along with the Local Authority number assigned to your school. A link for vaccine information is also contained in this letter.
On completion of the online E consent form you will receive an email confirmation from Inhealthcare. Please contact us if you do not receive this within 24hrs (check your junk mail).
You will also receive confirmation of vaccination after the session.
The online E-Consent can be completed on all electronic devices including smartphones, Tablets and PCs.
If you have difficulty using the E Consent form, contact your local service who will be able to support you.
- Southampton : Snhs.SchoolAgedImmunisations-SOTON@nhs.net
- Portsmouth : Snhs.SchoolAgedImmunisations-PORTS@nhs.net
- Isle of Wight : Snhs.SchoolAgedImmunisations-IOW@nhs.net
Completing In Health Care E-consent
- Once you click START you will then be prompted for the Unique School LEA Code. Once you enter this, the school name will show, please ensure this shows your child’s correct school (if it is incorrect, please check it has been entered correctly and contact school if any issues)
- Enter your child’s details
- Enter your personal details
- Select option to consent to each vaccination.
- Supply your email address (you will be sent a verification code to confirm your email address, so please ensure you have access to your emails. Please check your junk folder once submitted in case they are filtered to junk/spam). You are then required to enter your verification code from your email to continue with the consent process.
- Enter any additional contacts
- Complete health screening questions
- Review form
- Click submit
- Screen shows ‘thank you for completing’
- If you have more than one child to complete consent for, there is an option on this screen to start another child’s consent.
Please also complete the online E Consent form even if you do not want your child to receive the vaccine. PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT ONE FORM PER CHILD. If you are unsure if you have completed, please check your emails for the ‘thank you’ and ‘booked in session’ emails from Inhealthcare.
For further information regarding the consent process please click link below.
2nd floor, Adelaide Health Centre, Western Community Hospital, Southampton, so16 4xe