Community Paediatric Continence Service - Portsmouth
The Children's Continence Service sees children from the age of 2-19 with soiling, constipation, day wetting and night wetting. They also support children with additional needs with toileting support.
Our service accepts referrals for:
- Nocturnal (night time) Enuresis (wetting)
- Diurnal (day time) Enuresis (wetting)
- Frequency and urgency of micturition
- Faecal Incontinence (soiling)
The age ranges accepted by the service
- Children/young people aged 2 to 19 years with constipation and soiling, 4 to 19 years with day wetting, frequency and urgency, and 5 to 19 years with night wetting.
- Young people with learning difficulties can be seen up to the age of 25 years.
The following referrals should continue to be sent to hospital:
Full service description
The Children's Continence Service is a Nurse Led Service covering clinics at Battenburg in Portsmouth. The Team at present comprises of one Specialist Children’s Continence Nurse. Advice support and care is provided both on a face to face basis within a clinical setting, as well as by phone contact.
A full bladder and bowel assessment is carried out when seen in clinic and an individual care package will be implemented following this.
The aim of the service is to provide a locality based multi-disciplinary team approach offering assessment, diagnosis, treatment and management for families with a child or young person with continence problems.
Please click on the links below to see information regarding our Portsmouth pathway:
- Referrals will be accepted from all healthcare professionals including: consultants (acute and community) GP’s, health visitors and school nurses and those from social services.
- Parents can re-refer themselves if it is within six months of their discharge
Please click here for our referral form.
- Monday 8:30am - 4;30pm
- Tuesday 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Wednesday 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Thursday 8:30am - 4:00pm
- Friday 8:30am - 4:00pm