The Solent Story
We provide community and mental health services to people in Southampton, Portsmouth and parts of Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
Why we exist
At Solent NHS Trust we all share an ambitious vision to make a difference by keeping more people healthy, safe and independent at, or close to, home.
People, values and culture drive us. The best people, doing their best work, in pursuit of our vision. People dedicated to giving great care to our service
users and patients, and great value to our partners.
We aspire to be the partner of choice for other service providers. With them we will reach even more people, and care for them through even more stages
of their lives. Ultimately it is the people we care for who will tell us if we are successful and who will help shape our future care.
Listen to Sue Harriman, Chief Executive, share how we make a difference below:
We know our vision is ambitious, but we have excellent foundations. These are what we do all of the time, they are how we:
- Involving service users in shaping care and always learning from their experiences
- Working closely with partners to join up care
- Treating people with respect, giving equal emphasis to physical and mental health
- Ensuring we provide quality services, which are safe and effective
- Supporting people to look after their health and wellbeing
- Improving the workplace by listening to ideas and acting on feedback
- Supporting and developing leaders who enable people to be at their best
- Working with partners to spend money wisely
- Involving people in decisions about spending money
- Enabling services to have more time to provide care
Sue Harriman, Chief Executive, shares how the people in Solent make a difference, keeping people safe and well at, or close to, home.