NHS heroes recognised as NHS celebrates 75 years
Dedicated NHS heroes have been recognised for their hard work and commitment at an awards ceremony today (Wednesday 5 July) as the NHS celebrates its 75th birthday.
Solent NHS Trust celebrated the incredible achievements of its colleagues working across Southampton, Portsmouth, wider Hampshire and the Isle of Wight at the event held at the Harbour Hotel in Southampton.
The ceremony saw a total of 12 awards presented following nominations from patients and colleagues. Winners were then selected by an independent panel.
Andrew Strevens, Chief Executive of Solent NHS Trust, said: “Our people continue to make a huge difference to the communities we serve, and I’m thrilled to be able to celebrate their accomplishments on the day that the NHS celebrates its 75th birthday.
“It is the people across our NHS who continue to go above and beyond, and it is crucial we continue to recognise their outstanding contributions. I know that everyone who works across Solent NHS Trust continue to embody our values, ensuring the care we deliver is the very best it can be.”
The winners of the awards were:
- Lowers Brambles and Fanshawe Wards, based at Royal South Hants Hospital in Southampton – Improvement Award
- Emily Leach, Podiatrist – Research Award
- Penny Reid, Patient Representative, Quality Improvement Leader Network – People Partnership Award
- Quality Checkers, Integrated Learning Disability Services – Outstanding Contribution to Volunteering Award
- Sally Frost, Musculoskeletal Operational Lead – The HEART Values Award
- Andy Kershaw, Data Quality Support Analyst – Unsung Hero Award
- Urgent Response Service, Southampton – The Excellence Award
- Samantha Hemingway, Deputy Chief of Nursing and Allied Health Professionals – Leader of the Year
- Apprenticeship Team – Team of the Year Award
- Debra Towell, Business Admin Manager, Occupational Health and Wellbeing Team – Colleague of the Year
- Thelma Turner-Hill, Volunteer Group Leader, Compass Carers Group – Community Partner Award
- Gordon Atkins, Health Promotion Practitioner, Sexual Health Service – Patients’ Choice Award