Urgent Response Service (URS)
The URS is an integrated Health and Social Care Service responding to adults with a health crisis in Southampton to avoid hospital admissions and assist with hospital discharges.
- Available to Adults who are registered with a Southampton City GP
- Referrals can be made by Health and Social Care Professionals
- Referrals can only be made by telephoning the team on 02380 833768
- Referrals will be triaged for suitability and accepted subject to capacity
Full service description
URS is a multi-professional team who treat adult patients (18+) in their homes during a health crisis, with a focus on avoiding hospital admission and facilitating early discharge from hospital. We have the ability to provide a 2 hour response time whereby the primary aim is to stabilise the patient at home providing skilled nursing care, therapy interventions, and care support. Length of stay on our caseload is, on average, up to 7 days.
Examples of intervention for patients on our caseload are:
- Clinical Monitoring
- Medication administration (including IV antibiotics)
- Equipment provision
- Urgent Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy
- Personal care
- Diet and Fluid support
To refer a patient to our service, please telephone on the number above. The patient’s details will be taken and you will then be transferred to a Shift Coordinator who will discuss the clinical crisis details and triage the referral for suitability / capacity.
Sembal House, Handel Terrace, Southampton, SO15 2FH
- Monday: 8:00am – 10:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:00am – 10:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:00am – 10:00pm
- Thursday: 8:00am – 10:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am – 10:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am – 10:00pm
- Sunday: 8:00am – 10:00pm