Southampton Community Independence Service East
The Community Independence Service (CIS) provides bespoke multi-professional rehabilitation, reablement and social care assessment and support. We specialise in falls prevention. We will work with you to achieve agreed goals to help you maintain your independence and well-being. You will be expected to actively participate in achieving goals by practising skills/exercises in between visits.
Whilst we are working with you we may offer the following:
- an in-depth assessment of your needs
- individualised rehabilitation and exercise programmes
- falls assessment, education and prevention.
- provision of appropriate equipment and adaptations to support independence, or advice about self-purchase.
- support to independently access the community.
- support to access a Personal Budget.
- advice on wellbeing and health
We accept referrals for adults and older people aged 18 and above who are registered with a Southampton city GP and/or live within the Southampton city boundary.
Referrals from health and social care professionals can be made using the CIS referral form and sending it to the relevant locality team email.
Self referrals are via Adult Social Care Connect on: 02380 833003
Full service description
The service is provided by a team of Health and Social Care staff including:
* Occupational Therapy Assistants
* Associate Practitioners
* Care Managers
* Social Workers
* Consultants in Older Persons Medicine
* Administrative Staff
Sensory Services take referrals for Southampton city residents with sensory impairment, the Team comprises of Specialist Rehabilitation Officers and Care Managers: Mobile Telephone: 07939 650487
Referrals form: /userfiles/files/CIS REFERRAL FORM.doc
Other information & documentation
The service works in three locality teams covering the east, central and west areas of Southampton City. Contact details for the teams are as follows:
Julia Watts, Team Manager
· CIS East, Bitterne Health Centre, Commercial Street, SO18 6BT
· 0300 123 4026
Karen White, Team Manager
· CIS Central, Level A, Royal South Hants Hospital, Brintons Terrace, SO14 0YG
· 0300 123 4028
· N/A if no fax number
Sue Till, Team Manager
· CIS West, Adelaide Health Centre, William Macleod Way, SO16 4XE
· 0300 123 4027
- Monday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Closed evenings, weekends and bank holidays.