Community Neurological Service
The Community Neurological Service is a specialist multi professional service for adults aged 18 years and over, registered with a Portsmouth City GP, with a one of the following neurological conditions – Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease, Parkinson’s Disease and Traumatic Brain Injury.
Must be over 18 and registered with Portsmouth City GP with a diagnosis of Parkinson's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, MND or TBI.
Full service description
The Community Neurological Service is a specialist multi professional service for adults aged 18 years and over, registered with a Portsmouth City GP, with one of the following neurological conditions – Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease, Parkinson’s Disease and Traumatic Brain Injury. The service is intended to work alongside existing services across the health and social care whole system.
- To provide access to a range of co-ordinated, multi professional interventions to enable patients with neurological conditions to retain optimal independence within their home environment.
- To proactively support the changing needs of this group of patients and promote self management within the community
- To grow expertise in the community management of neurological conditions, providing a resource for interprofessional support and education.
The service enables all referrals for patients with neurological conditions as specified to be triaged through SPA and signposted to CNS or usual services. Multi professional case meetings of the core clinicians support this process. Once allocated, patients have access to assessment, intervention and review of their ongoing and changing needs. When indicated, direct, co-ordinated multi professional intervention is provided for patients with complex needs, with signposting to other services as indicted. The service will provide case management with advice and education of patients and carers and promotion of self management. Support will be provided to professionals providing ‘usual services’ to improve the quality of care across community services for patients with neurological conditions.
You can refer by letter to service or via SPA.
Block B, St Mary’s Community Campus, Milton Road, Portsmouth, PO3 6AD
- Monday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Tuesday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Wednesday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Thursday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Friday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm