Under the Equality Act 2010 the Trust has an obligation to:
- Evidence the analysis that has been undertaken to establish whether our policies and practices have (or would) further the aims of the general equality duty.
- Provide details of information that we have considered when carrying out an analysis.
- Provide details of engagement (consultation / involvement) that we have undertaken with people whom we consider would have an interest in furthering the aims of the general equality duty.
In order to meet the requirements of this duty the Trust will use the Equality Analysis which has been developed to be compliant with the Equality Act 2010.
An equality analysis is most effective when used at the primary stages of planning and is expected to be used for the following activities:
- Organisational change
- Considering any new or changing activity
- Developing or changing service delivery
- Procuring services
- Developing projects
- Developing a policy / procedure / guidance or changing or updating existing ones
It is used to assess whether there may be any barriers or difficulties, harassment or exclusion, or in fact any positive impact such as promotion of equality of opportunity, developing good community relationships, encouraging participation and involvement as experienced by service users, patients, carers, relatives, staff, the general public and key stakeholders.