Role Description: Volunteer Vaccinator
COVID Vaccination Centres Volunteer
We are no longer taking any new applications for volunteer vaccinators but if you would like to be put on our waiting list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: we have had enough applications for this role, but please apply for one of the two other roles.
The focus of the role is to support the clinical team in the administration of the COVID-19 vaccinations including;
- Administer the vaccine to patients
- Recognise and respond as needed to any emergency – this may include helping a patient if they are having an allergic reaction to the vaccine
- Meeting and greeting patients, reassuring them pre and post vaccine
- Working collaboratively with small diverse teams including nurses, admin staff and other volunteers
- Completion of documentation associated with the administration of the vaccine, ensuring compliance with regulated requirements
- Maintain and awareness of the wellbeing of yourself and fellow volunteers so that support can be made available to everybody
- Observe hand gel and infection prevention practices at all times.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Wear clothing suitable for the weather conditions.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times, whilst on duty or outside. This is an essential part of the role.
- Adhere to Trust policies i.e. Information Governance and confidentiality.
- Take photos whilst on duty or engage in social media in relation to their volunteering.
- Disclose any information to a third party. This is an essential part of the role.
- Access clinical areas or areas that has not been authorised.
- Take any equipment or patient information from the Trust property.