Solent NHS Trust logo

Advice for Students

As part of your studies, you are often required to complete a project – either a piece of research, a service evaluation or a clinical audit.

If these projects involve Solent NHS Trust patients, services, staff or data in any way, then they must be registered with the Trust. You also need to gain any University ethics and other approvals needed.

In all cases, copies of completed reports must be submitted to the Trust.

If your project is research

Please follow the approval process outlined under Approval Process.

If your project is a clinical audit or service evaluation

Please email the Clinical Audit & Evaluation team ( to request a registration form and the name of your service line governance lead, if not known.

Contact your service line governance lead to discuss your project and ensure it has approval.

Once approved, email the completed form and any relevant documents to for registration.

If you unsure which category your project falls under

Please refer to Defining Research or contact